Saturday, November 10, 2012

Brain tumour survivor in line for a national award

A BRIAN tumour survivor is in line for a national award.

Figure skater Lisa Armitage, of Grimsby, has been shortlisted in the Lifetime Learner Achievement Awards.

Finalist:  Lisa Armitage is one of 20 finalists shortlisted for the Lifetime Learner Achievement Awards.Finalist: Lisa Armitage is one of 20 finalists shortlisted for the Lifetime Learner Achievement Awards.
The 31-year-old – who, as reported, had a tumour the size of a tennis ball removed from her brain last year – will find out if she has won during a glamorous dinner at the Hilton Hotel, Coventry, on Thursday.

The award recognises and celebrates the learning achievements, resulting career and personal successes of those who have completed a qualification with national training provider, Lifetime.

Lisa, who was one of 167 people nominated for the award from across the country, said that fighting the illness made her realise she wanted to get more out of life.

She is now one of 20 finalists in line for the award.

She said: "I feel honoured to have been shortlisted for this award.

"I wanted to try and lead as normal a life as possible through treatment so I completed some training through Lifetime.

"I gained my NVQ level 3 in business and administration while fighting my brain tumour.

"I am currently working as the finance manager at Grimsby Leisure Centre and also doing my NVQ level 3 in leadership and management. The training gave me something else to focus on other than my illness.

"I believe it helped with my recovery."

No comments:

Post a Comment